Thursday, May 14, 2009

More Rainbow but no gold!

After reading my rainbow blog, Heather replied:

"It is good to see that there are people who take an interest in the REAL WORLD..which is our surroundings..landscape,environment,.How many even notice rainbows anymore,,let alone capture them on film? 
The idea that a pot of gold can be found at the rainbow's end originated somewhere in old Europe. In Silesia, an obscure area of eastern Europe, it was said that the angels put the gold there and that only a nude man could obtain the prize. Hmm.....

Can you go under a rainbow's arch and come out the other side? Not according to the laws of physics. A rainbow is all light and water. It is always in front of you while your back is to the sun.

However, there is an old European belief that anyone passing beneath the rainbow would be transformed, man into woman, woman into man! Hmm..."

Digging into my archive, I found this rainbow shot that I snapped from my deck... that is Karori Valley below.


Heather also included this poem in her comment:

My Heart Leaps Up
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

- William Wordsworth

No comments: